7.16.2011

work table : Cleveland Foreclosure Quilt

Today I have some uninterrupted work time while my husband and daughter go for a long bike ride. Cleveland is calling today.


This morning I was finally able to remove most of the pins on the Cleveland Foreclosure quilt. It feels so gratifying to remove quilt pins as tedious as it is.


I have all of the layers quilted together, I just need to quilt the inner lot lines that run through the block.


Then I will start to cut out more of the empty and foreclosed lots like these.


Here's what hopped by me in the vineyard yesterday. This one wasn't more than three feet from us. Jack rabbit, rabbit, hare? Whatever he is, his legs were huge! It was wild to watch them hop under the vines at high speed.


8 comments:

Cathy Cullis said...

beautiful work, always lovely to see the 'feel' of a textiles piece.... also brilliant rabbity/hare shot! how wonderful - best wishes Cathy

elisa said...

amazing. i love this series. the brutal act of cutting out the fabric to leave the shadowy piece below, and so exacting. brilliance. i hope to see them exhibited one day.

quite a rabbit!! our sussex bunnies are very easter basket. xx

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see this in it's entirety. i love the way you layer and stitch! brilliant! looks like a perfect place to work...

LR said...

enjoy the day. cleveland is looking amazing.

kitty kilian said...

Ah, how dedicated you are Kathryn! Do you work in silence or did you bring a great audiobook?

kathrynclark said...

Thanks for all the supportive comments, everyone! As I'm sure you all know, when you're in the midst of a new piece you always have doubts as to how it will turn out!

@Kitty, I really tried to listen to the birds but I caved in, brought out the ipod and listened to This American Life. I think you would find it amusing!

india flint said...

hare today and gone tomorrow?

Lari Washburn said...

Kathryn! That quilt is really wonderful. Obviously this is a good setting for you. I really like the "ridgey" look of the piece. I wonder what rabbits symbolize? Your fertile mind......?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails