3.30.2011

Artist : Fog Linen Work

For the past few years, I've been coveting from afar anything made by Fog Linen Work, a Japanese textile design company.

Image courtesy of Fog Linen Work
Yumiko Sekine couldn't find affordable, every day linens back in 1993 so she tracked down several linen producers in Lithuania and had them produce her own designs. Amazingly, I have yet to find anyone else in the world who offers such beautiful, simple designs of such high quality.

Image courtesy of Fog Linen Work
Every now and then I would find her wares in the States but I recently learned from Arounna that you can now order directly from Fog Linen Work's website! I immediately placed an order three days before the devastating earthquake. I received an email two hours before the quake that the items I ordered were to ship out shortly. Needless to say, I didn't expect to see them anytime soon. But, amazingly, they arrived two weekends ago, less than a week later. My package contained two beautiful tunics which I have been thinking about for several years.
Images courtesy of Fog Linen Work
I couldn't resist these two scarves, it was hard to choose between them all. The quality and colors are impossible to see through a photo. I've never seen such high quality linen.
Left image Kathryn Clark, right image courtesy of Fog Linen Work
I also succumbed to  the wonderful Around Linen catalogue which profiles artists who showcase the linens throughout their homes and studios, pure eye candy. Peruse online now for some instant gratification.

Image courtesy of Fog Linen Work
Check out their website here. Happy shopping!

10 comments:

lotta said...

Thank you for sharing this. I think one way to support Japan in the wake of the disaster is to support Japanese businesses. I will hop over there right now!

Lari Washburn said...

great great post! I have a little dress and a tablecloth, both of which I love. But I can see I will be lusting for more.

Jaime Rugh said...

i love this.
definitely agree with lotta that this is a wonderful way to support the Japanese.

Kitty Kilian said...

Beautiful stuff huh!

Sophie Truong said...

drooling all over...love her work too

Victoria said...

love her work. what treasures!

Karen said...

I love that website too, beautiful cloth and it's amazing that you got your package so quickly.

Peppermint Pinwheels said...

I've been lusting over the long work apron since I saw it in Selvedge magazine a few years ago!

anastasia said...

mmm, linen. the tunics you could wear forever, and they only get better with age. i would find it hard to limit myself to just one, let us know how comfy they are!

kathrynclark said...

They are so wonderful to wear, and they do just get better with each washing. I wish I would have bought more ... hmmm, big birthday coming up, maybe I could justify it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails