12.17.2010

work table : lots of projects

I've been so busy the past few weeks with various projects, the holidays and dealing with colds I haven't had much time to read any blogs, let alone post much on my own! I am hoping to catch up soon to see what everyone is doing but I suspect you are all going through similar busy times these days. Here are some the things seen on my work table in the past week. My daughter, Zoe, has been begging me to make her a quilt for her dolls ever since I made one last month for a friend of hers.


Then I realized we'll be opening presents in Florida and there won't be any dolls to play with while we're there. So of course, I had to make her a doll to go with the doll quilt. I made both of these entirely out of remnants lying around. The doll dress is a liberty fabric I saved from one of her old dresses. I tea stained it just for fun. You can see a hint of scarf ... the amazing wool gauze I'm using in my foreclosure series.


And I've been working on my quilt. I have much more to show you in the next post, but for now, here's a teaser.


And the deadline is approaching fast for the Sketchbook Project in January ... see how pristine this book is? Hmmm, it needs filling really fast! This is what I plan to focus my time on while we're visiting family in Florida over the holidays. I have a great idea of how to tie it into my current series.


One more post before we're off on our trip. I'd love to hear what handmade gifts everyone has been making this month. Happy Holidays everyone!

6 comments:

Chantal said...

Happy holidays to you too Kathryn. Love your colour choices for the quilt and as for the doll - Gorgeous fabric - I'd love to see the finished result. That's such a lovely idea that you have used some fabric from a dress you made your daughter.

That sketch book will fill in no time at all : )

Kitty Kilian said...

The quilt is looking good! Can't wait to see more.. and hey, I have to fill up that book, too!

Soon!

Victoria said...

What a good Mommy you are. I miss the days of dolls and blankets.

The teaser is a great one... leaves me tantalized and wanting more.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and safe travels to you!

kathrynclark said...

I think a lot of us out there will be filling up sketchbooks over the next two weeks!

Ha, Victoria, I realized this is probably the last year I can make a doll and not have my daughter roll her eyes at me. I will miss these days!

Lari Washburn said...

Love that foreclosure quilt..and boy do you have to scoot on that sketchbook! I'm furiously working on mine, so I know.

Diary of a jazz widow said...

Love it. Beautiful way to express life!!! I am hand making advent calendars from vintage clothes. http://diaryofajazzwidow.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/handmade-advent-calendar-fetish.html

Have a peek!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails